No matter whether you're starting a new company from scratch, or in charge of ordering supplies for a multinational corporation, you'll need to make sure that you have everything you need for your staff and colleagues to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
Here's what you need.
1. Despite the fact that technology is so prevalent in the modern office, there is still a huge reliance on stationery and paper products such as envelopes, and printer and copier paper. Have your got enough spare paper and envelopes in your office?
2. Office furniture is essential, and getting it right can help to improve the productivity of your staff, and make better use of your office space. What does your current office furniture say about your company? Is that the image you want to portray to visitors?
3. You'll want to make the most of IT, so that your staff can get more done during the day. What benefits could laptops, video conferring, a more effective network, or a better phone system bring to your company? Would your staff be better off with bigger monitors or a more comfortable keyboard and mouse?
4. Office machines such as laminators, scanners, photocopiers, printers, desktop calculators, are important too. Depending on your company, you might need several scanners and photocopiers, or you might be able to get by with a multifunction printer.
5. You'll want to make sure that you have spare toner and inkjet cartridges for each of your printers. Remember that different models and different brands printers probably won't be able to use the same cartridges.
6. You might want to get your catering supplies from your office supplies company in order to get great savings by buying in bulk. This will also help to ensure that you don't run out of tea, coffee or biscuits.
7. If your staff hold a lot of meetings, then you'll want to make sure that you have plenty of flipcharts, and appropriate pens. You might want to get a projector and a dedicated screen, or a large screen TV, so that you can share what's on your computer with others.
8. Notepads and paper diaries are still as popular and important as ever. Even today, where so much is done on computer, it's still a good idea to ensure that your staff have a notepad on their desk for phone calls, and desk diary for all those important dates and meetings.
9. Although so much data is held on computer these days, filing cabinets are still essential in every office. From storing invoices, to a central point for product catalogues and documentation, have you got all the filing cabinets and cupboards you need?
10. You'll also need additional storage areas, perhaps for your products, your manuals, stationery, and other items that you and your staff need to have close at hand. How would more storage tidy up your office and make your staff more productive?
Now you know about office supplies every office should have, have your staff got all the office products they need to do their job properly?